Sunday, September 16, 2007

High School Football in Texas

We are gearing up for Benson's first football game this week. And so to get in the spirit of it all we attended the first home game for the high school he will attend and play football and baseball for. High School football in Texas is something else. We sit in this stadium that is amazing!! And we watch these kids that are athletic beyond reason. Friday night's game was so exciting! My heart was pounding, I was shaking, my hands were all clammy and my son wasn't even on the field. At half time our team was down 7 to 17. And with 12.7 seconds left in the game we were ahead 34 to 30. It was amazing! The final play of the game by our opposition almost did us in if it weren't for the star of the team bringing down the ball carrier. It was so fun! Can't wait until Tuesday night when I can watch my boy play.

No comments: