Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Raise your hand if you miss Natalie?"

Natalie got on a plane on the morning of the Fourth of July. She hadn't flown since she was 3 and never alone. She was a little nervous, but I was so proud of her for her bravery! She flew into Portland, Oregon so she could spend a week there with my parents and two of my sisters. The following Friday she hopped a train with our friend Carla and headed to Seattle where she spent 2 1/2 weeks hanging out with my sisters up there. She played with her cuzzies, held her new baby cuzzie and bonded with her Aunties and Uncles. When I asked her on a scale of 1 to 10 how her time in Seattle was she said "4792". Okay, I guess that means she enjoyed it. She headed back to Oregon with my folks and is there until Monday when she will get on a plane with previously mentioned friend Carla and come home. Last night we were in the car and Xander said, "Raise your hand if you miss Natalie!" It was a unanimous vote. 5+ weeks is a long time. I know she has had a great time! I am glad she got some one-on-one with our family far away! But we have missed her and are anxious for Monday to arrive and bring Natalie with her! Natalie got to go to the zoo with her cuzzies: Finn(2), Amara(7), and Sully(5).
Here she is at Pike Street Market with Aunt Lisa, Aunt Annie, Uncle Kevin, Baby Clark (in the sling), Aunt Jeni, Grandma, Amara, Sully and Finn.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, what an awesome experience she is going to remember!
5+ weeks is a long time for anyone to be away, let alone one of your babies...am I hearing party plans for Monday?
(For some reason I have Eddie Murphy singing Partytime in my head now....)

Margo Clift said...

We have been the "lucky" recipients of her smiling face for a goodly part of those five weeks, and we are grateful. Thanks Xander, (everyone) for sharing her with all of us.
We Love you all

Eric Devericks said...

It was fun to have her, her and Amara had a blast staying up late, watching movies, playing DS and doing hair and make up. We look forward to the next 12 year old visit!

Lisa Clift said...

We had sooooooo much fun with Natalie and it was so sad to see her go yesterday. I hope she enjoyed herself as much as we loved having her.

Jocelyn said...

My hand is raised! I love that girl! It looks like she had a fun trip... and I'm sure you're all glad she's home again. Xander is so cute saying that in the car.