Friday, August 1, 2008

A summer of Maverick Baseball


This summer we have watched hours and hours of baseball. Benson has been playing on the incoming Freshman team for his high school. They played sometimes 4 and 5 games a week. It was so fun for us to watch! And he learned a lot about the game.












He played first base and right field.















He was a great hitter for his team. Can't give you any stats. Didn't take any even though I should have. But he had lots of hits and RBIs.
















Hey Batta, Batta, Batta...swing batta!















It was a team of really fun guys. The coaches were a father and son duo. Good guys!

4 comments:

Eric Devericks said...

Who is that man? What happened to our little B? Miss you guys.

Laura said...

I can't believe how tall he is and hearing the word FRESHMAN, yikes! we're getting so old.....

The Halls said...

I don't even recognize that kid. I mean gosh I was just there in November. What the heck. He sure is cute. nice job doing so well Benson! Love you and miss you!

Jocelyn said...

I have heard that having a kid in baseball is a huge commitment with all those games they play! I'd really like to just say you don't look NEAR old enough to have a kid in high school! Benson looks like a great player!