Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So many things to talk about!!

After a proper tongue lashing from my sister, Brandi, I have decided to take some time to update the blog. Let me apologize to all of you who faithfully check up on the Hinze family by visiting this blog spot. I have been knee deep in Stake Girl's Camp preparations and so have spent many hours on my computer, but not blogging. So this will be a bit of a catch up for the last month plus.















So, Josh's brother, David, graduated from Round Rock High School on May 31st. It was indeed Xander's Birthday but we were happy to share the day with such a great guy. Here are the three coolest brothers ever: David, Joshua and Devin.














For Xander's birthday we asked him what he wanted to do. It was no surprise he chose to go to Cabela's, his favorite place. We looked at all the taxidermy, furnishings, tents, etc. It was a great day!! He chose to hit McDonald's on the way home for some time in the play land. It was a great 5 year old day!!

















We had a birthday party for him at the mall and took a bunch of his friends to Inflatable Wonderland. We had a blast jumping for hours!! He asked for a Ben 10 cake. I made a Omnitrix cake. Can you even tell which one is the cake??















I don't know if you know this, but it is HOT up in here!! We decided to buy a little pool for the back yard this year so Xander could swim whenever he wanted and we wouldn't even have to get in the car. He spends hours out there. Phoenix came over and we had an impromptu swim. Suits not required, just some boxer briefs!!
On the fourth of July I decided to play catch with my handsome son. We were having a great time, until a wild ball was thrown my way. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and so I missed with the glove and caught the ball with my shin. Originally we were told that I had a fractured tibia. But upon visiting the orthopaedist we found that it is "a mere flesh wound". A deep flesh wound, but I will be okay! I always knew I would survive. I am strong and can take it baby!! This photo does not do the bruise justice, but it is pretty ugly. Crutches are lame and so my arms hurt a little too, but this too shall pass. I really miss being able to do what ever I want or need to do when I want or need to do it. But hey, it gives me time to update the blog! Lucky!!


The biggest bummer to this whole injury thing is that Natalie, my BEST HELPER is away. She is vacationing in the NW with her Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles and cousins. We miss her! But I am really glad she is there. This gives the other kids the chance to be BIG HELPS!! We miss her but we sure want her to have a big dang blast!! Love you sister!!


9 comments:

Laura said...

Sweet bruise Josh! Sorry you got hurt but it's great that you've documented your battle wound. :-)

Chrisstamom said...

That manly looking leg is really Chrissta's. Bummer, huh?

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Wow! That bruise is a beaut Chrissta! Yikes! I am so very glad though that it's just a "flesh wound" (makes me think of Monty Python's Holy Grail, that), and not a break.

Love the picture of Josh and his bros. That's great! Love that you have time to do some online chatting and some blog updating while you heal.

Love ya. JayLene

Eric Devericks said...

Thank you!

Crazy Fawson Fun said...

Glad to see that you are all surviving. It is great to read your blog. So come see our blog too.

fawsonfamily.blogspot.com

Brian, Allison, and Hailey Fawson

Lisa Clift said...

Nice to see that you have caught us all up. Sorry about your leg Chrissta but your loss is our gain. We are having lots of fun with Natalie!!!! I know everyone in Seattle is looking forward to her visit also.

Amy Pratt said...

Hey Texas Hinze family- I found you on blogspot and I had to say Hello! You all look great (minus the nasty bruise :) and I can't believe how grown up everyone is! I just started my own family blog- drop me a note- I'd love to hear from you!
Amy Pratt

Taste of Champaign said...

glad to see you are still here! i check in often! summer grilling at the hinze's. i sure miss those days...

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad to get the update but sorry for the reason you're sitting there able to update. What a bummer way to be, especially in the summer! (Wait, maybe it's good because you can just stay inside with the AC on.)