Monday, April 30, 2007

A whirlwind of busy!

Whoa have we been busy this week! Have hardly had a chance to see my husband. He was out of town Thursday and Friday, and made it back just in time to run his head off for the PTA President. He is the best assistant ever! Saturday was our 3rd Annual Carnival at the school. We made a decent amount of money to help provide field trips, special books, supplies for teachers and so forth. This has been such a good experience this year I am doing it for one more. Yes, I am a big SUCKER!! Poor Josh!

Between PTA and planning girls camp I feel like I just run from meeting to meeting, but it is all for a good cause.

We have girls camp June 18-22 this year. My parents will be in town and so have offered to help with my kids. That is a big help to Josh! The kids are almost old enough to look after them selves, but it is better if there is someone else with them. Our theme for camp is "Are you Ready?" We are basing our whole week on the parable of the Ten Virgins. Funny thing is, I am so not ready. This is definitely for me!

Last week or so my sister put on her blog a list of their favorite things. I am going to copy her. I thought it was cool and gave me insight. So here you go:

Xander:
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
  • Eating Popsicles with Dad in the living room
  • Performing numbers from the musical "Wicked" on the coffee table
  • Dressing in character (Cat in the Hat, Willy Wonka, Elphaba)
  • Cheetos and chocolate (not together)
  • Busy Bee School

Madison:

  • Playing with friends
  • Corn nuts for snack
  • Swinging in the back yard
  • Carrots with ranch
  • Painting her nails and doing her hair
  • Disney tween show (Hannah Montana, Suite Life, High School Musical)

Natalie:

  • Her friends
  • Checking and forwarding email
  • Salad for lunch
  • Hugs
  • Crafts and scrap booking
  • Cooking (especially breakfast)

Benson:

  • Baseball, Baseball, Baseball
  • Playing Baseball
  • Watching Baseball
  • Buying Baseball Stuff
  • Gatorade
  • Guitar Hero I and II

Chrissta:

  • JOSH
  • Dates with Josh
  • Watching the kids play sports
  • Girls Camp
  • Morning Workouts with Jill
  • Hanging out at home with family and friends
  • email (it's a weird addiction)

Josh: (as perceived by Chrissta)

  • The Office, Heroes, Planet Earth
  • Helping people
  • Guitar Hero (not that he gets to play very often)
  • His wife (he says he really likes me)
  • Benson, Natalie, Madison, Xander
  • His cute new car

Well, that merely scratches the surface but gives you an idea about us.

Hopefully we will have some time to take more photos and get them up this week.

5 comments:

Lisa Clift said...

Are you CRAZY!!! PTA Pres. again. You just can't get enough abuse huh? LOL I know you love it, good for you. Just a few of my favorite things is the Hinze Clan. I love you guys!!

The Halls said...

Josh and I share a common love, heroes and the office. I think Kevin might weep with happiness when he knows Josh is an addict like us. I love hearing about the kids and wish I could see Xman preformed his best popular for me. All my love to those I love SS MUCH!!

Jen

Andrea said...

josh
I am so glad that you are in love with heroes that show rocks I love hearing about your beautiful family and all the great things they have done in there lifes chrissta way to do your morning work out you are such an example to me of what I want to do in my life.

Margo Clift said...

How fun is life?
Being "anxiously engaged" in a good cause is a good thing. Just remember to not run faster than you and your family can keep up to. Balance, Balance, Balance!!! I was Carnival chairman of Pendleton elementary many years ago and PTA President as well at the school where Peggy attended kindergarten.
Remember the ward carnival that i chaired at Dallas Ward. Bishop Lathen challenged me to raise $1,000.00 ( a lot 18 years ago) He said he would do a cartwheel in the parking lot on Sunday if we raised that amount.
Held him to his promise and made more than that.
Linda Shinkle attendedour ward to hear Roger sing on sunday. She was very proud that you are Camp Director.
I told her that you had an amazing teacher.
I love all of the favorites. The popsicles with dad really rings a bell.(Annie ate a billion)
And who had his teeth worn down with corn nuts, (Joshua that's who) Dr. Alexander grounded him from eating them.
Scrapbooking, any relation to Aunt Tara and Aunt Jeni?
Baseball???? Sleep, eat and drink Baseball? Hardly anyone I know.
Workouts? You and Lisa and Julie. Such dedication.
And we are so glad that one of Joshua's favorite things is Chrissta, Benson, Natalie, Madi and Xander.Love you all
Mom

Margo Clift said...

And by the way, who likes cooking? (Aunt Brandi Beau, thats who).